Wednesday, May 07, 2008

grace eventually

I spent some time in chapters today, trying to find copies of The Ordering of the Heart by Madeleine L'Engle, The complete short stories of Flannery O'Conner, and Pilgrim at Tinker Creek by Annie Dillard.

But, alas, I couldn't find copies of any of those books. So instead I picked up "Grace Eventually" and "Ella Enchanted" (hey, stop laughing. that just happens to be a really nice book). I am addicted to books. I won't lie.

Then I walked over to The Buzz, and wrote this. Take care.

let go.

I sit quiet as in a calm blue pool,
like waves of jazz
from miles davis.

I let go as a kite in wind,
over the water
from the pacific ocean.

I quiet myself as if in a coffeehouse,
like a mug warming slowly
from earl gray tea.

I hold on to God as if alone,
like a newlywed
from a long separation.

or else, God holds on to me.
and this is all I can do to
keep myself from running away.

1 comment:

Amy said...

i can't believe you admitted to all of the cyber world that you bought ella enchanted.... HA