Wednesday, April 18, 2007

the drive

the guy from mae has a big mouth when he sings, ethiopian food is rich, coffee is a poor choice, i feel big at all ages shows (filled with small people), matt thiessen can rock out a piano (i liked how an actual piano was brought on stage), arlen is amishly manly, cafe de' soleil is a modern day "upper room" (from the last supper... remember?... in the new testament. whatever), denis conroy needs to shave, the keyboardist from sherwood is a dancer, michelle is a dreads hottie, fair trade sugar is convicting, the street is fresher after hours in ethnic shops, kate lee likes pop, i need a cool libation to end this day...

...and we all float on (i love concerts, and the city).

3 comments:

Kathleen Dayle said...

You're sort of a hippie, but you like the city. Well, me too. Go figure.

Man, I need to go camping sometime soon... I usually go every spring. I don't know what made me think of that, now, so randomly...

Adam Roper, I'd love to meet you some day. Perhaps in the future. One never knows what the future will bring. But one may or may not have a certain sway on the future, if one chooses.

I hope you're having a good day/week. Are you finished school yet? I'm not for two more weeks. And then peace, or just a different kind of stress.... (I welcome change, regardless.)

I finished a notebook last night. It is so liberating to have completed something.

I'm sorry I haven't written you back yet. I will. Soon. Promise.

Kathleen

Kathleen Dayle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
* shaina * * said...

oh my gosh...k. so since their debut album, i was so in love with mae. then a couple summers ago i was sooo stoked on seeing them at warped...and i was right up front, all happy and blissful to hear them live...but the singer just kept acting SO awkward and doing flailing motions that put me off in a way that prevented me from even really hearing the music. after enduring 2 songs i had to leave so this imagery/feeling would not replace my happy floaty inner impression when i subsequently listened to them. it was a sad day. what do you do when one of your favorite artists freaks you out in person??