Tuesday, April 17, 2007

bad time to be poor

tuesday morning. blinds closed. half sunny. organic granola. chai tea.

i finally finished my imagination project yesterday. i tried to make the point that the essence of journaling is both time and story. thus, the title "days drip slowly on the page" (which i borrowed from a bruce cockburn song). i'll have to send you a copy.

so, other than being a pretensious artist, my days are dragging slowly. they are long, and just not filled with much insight. i start work next week, which means i'll have a somewhat balanced life for once.

hm. until then, my life is a cup of tea. which means, i have to find some better tea. by better tea, i mean stuff thats not sold in a carboard box. unless that box is recycled.

i've come to a strange realization... that a class in college will only effect you deeply if you let it. and i have allowed "environmental issues" to effect me deeply. almost every aspect of my life has been brought into consideration.

now, everytime i buy something i look at where the product is from, imagining the traffic it took to get that product to me. i'm not bragging, i'm saying this is something i do without thinking, catch myself, and say ah! what am i doing?

this is the same reaction i had back when i took a class called "effective relationships", which changed how i view myself and how i view my relationships. and i'm still walking through issues raised in that class. so, as i said, if you let a class mess you up / cause you to re-think you're accepted perspective / shake you're foundations / effect you deeply, i think it will.

it will be nice to not have class during the summer. time for;

tea. literature. barbecue corn. organic food. rest. reflection. hopefully.

2 comments:

tracey said...

this post made me smile with general approval.

tracey said...

i found your blog through a link on just for the kingdom. i'm friends with darling shaina & jamison.