Thursday, March 20, 2008

ruby don't go downtown, ruby come in and stay

umm.

damn. I sat down to type some profound thought, but I forgot what it was. bah!

So, life. Last night I put on an arts gallery here at CBC, and about 30 people showed up for conversation, all the while I was making sure a healthy amount of tea and coffee was made, and an even healthier amount of Ryan Adams and Belle & Sebastian were playing in the background.

I owe you pictures. My camera has been on the dead side of things. The picture posted above, for the time being, is a picture of "Afterthoughts"- a cafe I frequent with friends (girls) with images of italian people kissing painted on the walls. I took this picture ten minutes before closing time, after reading some wendell berry.

Everyone, by the way, should read "The Art of the Commonplace" at some point in life.

Tonight I'm hosting a concert for this guy. Thus is my continued life of planning arts shows, trying to suck less at public speaking, and trying to actually experience this thing called "life" I'm always talking about.

Now... if only I could remember what I wanted to say.

Your homework for this week is to listen to Jacob and Lily. I booked an outdoor concert for them last year at school, and it continues to be one of the highlights of my life. "Ruby" is really good.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Chhaya said...

pain, heartbreak, longing - "belonging".... these are the things that make me write what i write... and my friends, i wont trade these killing emotions for anything in the world..
they make me - ME.
am i making sense..
but i m a very smiling person, not gloomy...
my poems are my only refuge - only place of confession..
do come back to read, posing something new...
will u let me know when u put something new.
:)
love n regards ,
all the way from india