Friday, January 25, 2008

I hide in my bed with the lights on the floor

I thought, since I finished a paper this morning, that I would sit around reading small portions of books online. I came across a story called "Ella Enchanted".... and I am in love! I now remember why children's books are so full of heart.

There is, indeed, a huge difference between being "childish" and "child-like". Being Child-Like allows you to find out something you didn't notice before.Like how fun sitting under a ray of sun next to couch can be.

the difference between fantasy and imagination- fantasy being the lesser of the two

a night
another fairy tale.
wash me in your
open arms.
lost. lost in
bridges, crossing
to the castle.

princess,
take my hand like
imagination.
another timeless night.
the air is
only moving verse.
green and soil,
gods and creatures of a
smaller narrative.

a night,
an amour of
enchanting parchment,
a paper dress.
paper covers, quiet skimming.
calm aroma,
new white pages.
the good stories are those that
open our arms.

-those that make the
same world more captivating.
those that brings us more
into life,
rather than escape.

PS- I think for Lent I'm going to give up typing out my thoughts online. ie- here, and FACEBOOK. I think that my habit of putting thoughts online has become less "every once and awhile when I have something good to say" to "all the time because I feel like it".

Alas. facebook is a lame place to leave poems lying around.

See you.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Oh look. No comments. Fancy that. (aaagh. I am turning into a charlie brown).

It was just one of those days, the difficult type. I was almost wrecked by three drivers today, walked granville spending that which I do not have on paper and bad cabbage, and tasting blackberry wine on a farm outside Langley.

I do too much some days. Today being a prime example.

PS, I'm not one of those writers that gets uptight/insecure when no comments appear on his blogs... anymore.

Adam said...

PPS - I was trying to find a copy of Ella Enchanted in Ft. Langley today (prior to being verbally reprimanded by a woman at a tea house, for being too loud) but I couldn't find one.

Then, I found this great $10 espresso maker, which I found after three different kitchen stores of looking, but chose not to purchase it... being that I had previously spent $30 on hand-made paper for a journal...

...And $17 blackberry wine (which is really spectacular, mind you). I suck.

Somehow searching for a ten dollar book turns into 50 or so bucks on a milieu' of artsy treasure. I have a weird life.