Thursday, October 04, 2007

i've never immersed myself in the ocean

"If you try and find intimacy with another person before achieving a sense of identity on your own, all your relationships become an attempt to complete yourself"

- Les and Leslie Parrot

I'm not sure, but I think that this quote is wrecking my life.

~

further, "chasing after another person to have a relationship that makes you feel better about yourself spells certain disaster".

ever feel like you don't know where to turn?

2 comments:

* shaina * * said...

i love les parrot!! i did a paper on his "high maintenance relationships" for a psych. class once :D it's true...it'll mess you UP! see: refuting jerry macguire psychology. hahah.

Di said...

This quote is so true... Oh, sometimes I can't see things just because they're too obvious!