Saturday, June 09, 2007

houses, part two

made this day to
shelter me.
these days aren't much
like houses...
more like the poor playing home at night
like cardboard boxes and alleyways,
the downcast eyes and complications,
the dreams of dignity and grace.

made this rain to,
carry me.
these lives aren't warm
like tea...
more like the depressed playing security,
more unsure than i've ever known.
the lies that say it will heal with time,
memories yelling, I'm not worth love.

(pain takes more than time to heal,
it takes love and belonging as well).

i don't live like,
(shelter me)
i've got some life.
save some for me,
these houses
aren't much to cover
to keep me safe.

i originally i wrote this poem for facebook, of all things. then I thought of some new lines i could add to it at a conert, and wrote them back of a cheque. i originally thought about reading it in public at my homechurch in nanaimo, one of these days. but, i don't think its going to happen.

anyway, i hope this expanded version doesn't wreck it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this. i wrote a poem in this kinda style were the sentances are broken up and the whole verse has such an underlyning meaning. i guess that could be with alot of poems but this one reminded my of mine.---Chantel Urschel