Friday, April 27, 2007

...and the cost was so much more

i've been meaning to sit down, and actually attempt to write something decent. something of flow, contemplation, and thoughtful conclusion. unfortunately, work and the social lives of others have kept me too busy. for the past week i have been vacuuming floors, washing windows, and mopping walls in a girls dorm. a job that allows hours of deep thinking, and solitude. and i've been watching movies with friends. some of which are full and rich, others, which will remain unnamed, only serve to confuse.

so, maybe tomorrow i'll pour myself a cup of chai, sit in the quiet of my living room with a blanket, trying to hear the rain on my roof. then, i'll try and pour out some thing i've had in my head for the past couple days, insights of artistic value i feel the world should share.

until then, i've had this song stuck in my head at work, for the past three days;

heaven bend to take my hand
nowhere left to turn
i'm lost to those i thought were friends
to everyone i know
oh they turned their heads embarrassed
pretend that they don't see
but it's one missed step
you'll slip before you know it
and there doesn't seem a way to be redeemed

we all begin with good intent
love was raw and young
we believed that we could change ourselves
the past could be undone
but we carry on our backs the burden
time always reveals
the lonely light of morning
the wound that would not heal
it's the bitter taste of losing everything
that I have held so dear.

- sarah mclachlan, fallen

oh, man. i love this song.

No comments: