Thursday, January 11, 2007

coffee induced humility

ooooh, man!!! i am ridiculously coffee wired at the moment! whooo!

i came home to plan out my semester, and made some coffee to help me relax a bit, which didn't quite work out that well. i brewed the coffee about three times as strong, hoping for a strong, full flavored brew. so, i mixed a a bit of fair trade sumatra with a heap of starbucks christmas blend... and i'll tell you, the brew was so strong i could hardly manage the flavor! so dark! a coffee hater's nightmare.

my room-mate was bragging to me about his new favorite class, called "rock, faith, and pop culture", a class where you get to listen to, compare, and discuss popular music. which is what i so love to do! ah! i'm so jealous. so, i sat around in my wired state naming off all the hundreds of CDs i have loved over the years- among them;

jeremy camp - stay
newsboys - thrive
goo goo dolls - gutterflower
the benjamin gate - contact
third day- conspiracy # 5
seventh day slumber - picking up the pieces
ten shekel shirt - more
lifehouse - no name face (of course)
john mayer - heavier things
mae - destination beautiful
POD - satelite
bleach - again for the first time
red hot chili peppers - californication
demon hunter - summer of darkness
mxpx - panic

to name a few. i could talk music for hours... hours. anberlin's new CD comes out soon. whoot.

so, then i was walking to david iwai's place, and i passed by a rabbit. i recognized it as the same rabbit that i was chasing in the snow yesterday, for a couple minutes. i walked close to the furry creature, and it didn't flinch at my sight, or seem to be very afraid of me. apperantly rabbits are very forgiving. maybe the rabbit knew i was just being a goof, and understood thusly- or maybe i'm thinking too much like a hippy for my own good. thats what i get for wearing green and brown, and drinking fair trade coffee.

lyrics of the day, sung to me in my coffee induced haze;

Look at that big fat full moon
Hanging in the night
When I feel it calling me
The shackles seem to bite
These chains of flesh are sour and sweet
But these we must explore, oh
I know I'm going to feel complete
When I see you tomorrow


-bruce cockburn

that said, i've had my last cup of coffee for a looooong time. someone please lock up my coffee, and hide the key.

No comments: