Saturday, December 16, 2006

wasting my days and white rock

i love a good christmas party. i was supposed to go to nanaimo yesterday (and today) but i decided to extend my home-life by two days, to enjoy some downtime with friends. i kind of call abbotsford my home now, because my ridiculously expensive bed is here. among other items of comfort that i associate with home (friends, college, ethical addictions). theres not really any family here, but whatever. i can't miss them if they're not far away.

My office glows all night long.
It's a nuclear show and the stars are gone.
Elevator, elevator, take me home.
-stars


so, i definately partyed at heather's house last night, carving turkeys, eating cranberry sauce, sipping redish punch and granville island's "dopplebock". as always i got to break out my sarcasitic flirtatious party voice, with is kind of a mix between a 70s talk show host and groucho marx.

then there was a game called "apples to apples" which is, in my opinion, the ultimate cheesy/awkward/weird one liners game. i love one liners :D.

so then i woke up this morning, drank some green tea, realized it was two oclock, and i have no reasonable purpose to be awake today. hmm. it's kind of frustrating.

well, i do get to go to a Sheree Plett show tonight. so worth the extra day at home. and tommorow i get to take the 6 hour trek to nanaimo, which for the record is unheard of! i could jump in a car and be at the ferries in an hour, jump on the ferry for two hours and be home. rather, i'm jumping on a bus and driving for four hours, two hours on the ferry and there goes my entire day. i could drive to calgary in 6 hours, or i could go to the island in the same time. i tell ya.
------------------------------------------------------------
so anyway, heather toews just called me (my pawesome 5th year friend, which is unheard of in itself. i do not have any 4th/5th year friends, except for of course dustin siemens... but we never talk, so that doesen't count).

appearantly we're going to white rock today. holidays=random. speaking of random, i have never been to white rock, in my twentyish years in BC. thats just sad. frick, i wish my camera wasn't dead... actually, i don't care. my pens all still work- i'll just paint a picture with words later on (aka, i'll write).

alrighty. i'm off- details when i de-brief in nanaimo tommorow (or, de-boxer. he he).


-later

3 comments:

Whitney Barbour said...

Adom GROPER...haha

we should def go to Coyote Cafe over the break...Don't get me started on the the GREYHOUND, curse that bus

Megs said...

de boxer...oooh dear!

I wish I didn't work tomorrow cuz i'd full out give you a ride to the ferry! aaaaaaarg. i like my job but i'm soo sick of working. no break for me. just full time work. LAME. anyways glad you had a sweet partai and are going to white rock...my favorite indian food place is there "little india" soo rad.

heather said...

I am so not in 5th year. I have no idea where you would get that idea, and I'm offended.

Liz is making me watch some dumb movie on channel 9 and her rationale is "it got three stars!"

This is ridiculous.