Friday, December 15, 2006

the same page

I want to keep my soul fertile for the changes, so things keep getting born in me, so things keep dying when it is time for things to die. I want to keep walking away from the person I was a moment ago, because a mind was made to figure things out, not to read the same page recurrently.

Only the good stories have the characters different at the end than they were at the beginning. And the closest thing I can liken life to is a book, the way it stretches out on paper, page after page, as if to trick the mind into thinking it isn't all happening at once.

-donald miller

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm stuck...maybe even within the same sentence of my life...

I know though, that I'm not this static unmoving person...this is NOT me...

Why am I here? I don't know. I just am not sure at all.

Becky