Sunday, December 10, 2006

if shame had a face

If shame had a face I think it would kind of look like mine
If it had a home would it be my eyes
Would you believe me if I said I'm tired of this

'cause i tried to climb your steps
I tried to chase you down
I tried to see how low I can get down to the ground
I tried to earn my way
I tried to tame this mind
You better believe that I tried to beat this

So when will this end
It goes on and on
Over and over and over again
Keep spinning around I know that it won't stop
Till I step down from this for good

-lifehouse

i gave my heart to all the wrong sources,
to cheap romance and empty hands,
gave my best words and worst intentions,
never saving anything for grace.

i left some parts and pieces of myself,
on the ground, and the dirt, and the shallow places.
i ran from home so i could find you,
got lost, somewhere along the way.

you never told me home is where you are,
i would have never left for a second,
but i never would have found you if i didn't leave you're side,
something you wanted me to find.

-adam

1 comment:

Megs said...

hmmm this change is good! i'm glad you know have a "respectable blog" i like it more than myspace ;)

also great writings for these post, honest and very relatable.

AND you FINALLY commented on mine!