Wednesday, December 13, 2006

couldn't stop crying

so you drank you're last bottle of beer,
on the staircase outside you're door,
it doesen't taste as good as it did last week...
you wish, you wish tommorow would come,
something you just can't keep waiting.
waiting is lonely, you say to yourself.
it's not somthing i feel like tonight.

"i put on my best clothes,
hoping you'd notice.
put on my best face and scruffed up my hair,
i'm the same as always.
not so sure where i stand today".

so you wrote you're last exam,
it wasn't all that good,
home was only half a comfort,
thought the bottle would meet halfway.
it didn't last long enough.

so you stayed outside, facing the day,
you couldn't stop crying- or you just couldn't start.
or you were somewhere in between.
you listened to slow music, picking up the phone,
never dialing.
why do you long for that voice on the other end, its not worth it.
you still don't know how to love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I;ve seriously tried to comment so many times latley, but it's not letting me...so hopefully this works.

I love your writings Adam. true, it's inspired me to start creative writing again. it's a great outlit for sure.

exams suck i hope you did well on the one you barely studied for...i tried studying i really did

Anonymous said...

oh it's me,
fo ficus

Anonymous said...

so is this were I'll find your blogs from now on, or is myspace still in the running?

I don't think you're a loser, I read the bulletin and it sent me here for something to do, to deny this lonliness that sufficates when I in the evening only have my computer to keep me connecting...

My days aren't much more than that either...

I need a meaningful way to spend my time, I don't feel needed, fulfilled. I just want to be full again...and maybe, tonight I'll write. It'll fill me, at least momentarily.

Anonymous said...

oops, and that was me, Becky ;)