Thursday, September 25, 2008

being sick is lame sauce

True story: I spent 6 hours on monday staring at my computer non-stop trying to figure out how to make print with a book format.

Eventually I found this program called 'Cheap Imposter' and printed a small book, which was easier than dropping a cat... which actually is pretty hard, because cats have claws.

So, I hope to have this small publication out in November at the latest. Its a really scary prospect.

In other news, it's been a hard couple of weeks. Sitting in my 4th year classes I came to the really striking realization that most of my friends from my first year are now married, or engaged, or in relationships. Me and my single friends have been discussing this, trying to avoid immature questions like 'what is wrong with me? why am I still single?"

It's a tough, and really humbling, thing to experience. Every so often life calls us to a deep and profound realization- the reality of marriage, the reality that there are more days behind us than before us. This is one of those I think- Really asking myself if I am mature enough to think about having serious relationships.

Anyway, I wonder. People have told me that as soon as I stop looking for 'someone' I will find them. I've done nothing but look for the past 4-6 years, and it's not getting me anywhere.

Maybe there is something called grace, which is ridiculously beyond my ability to comprehend. Love is not this instant quick fix. Love, and life in general, is a slow process.

Food for thought.

1 comment:

Furtney said...

Man, not looking for a woman is bullshit, we're pretty much all looking, and then the worst is when people say "if you don't look, then God will give you a woman." As if it is a magical formula that will get God doing things for you. Totally lame. Hey, a word from someone who was single for 25.5 years, don't worry about it, but not so that you will find a woman or anything; find what God has for you, and how he can use you now. Maybe someday he will give you someone, maybe not. But that isn't the main point in life anyways.

Alright

rant over

df