Friday, August 24, 2007

moving helps to make the day seem shorter

I still really have nothing to write about... sooo

stuff that makes life feel like home-

- my new townhouse (right beside my old one, which was considerable louder).
- a pot of tea everyday after work. today it was an orange spice, from EA.
- writing... which i have not done all week. gah. no wonder i feel so disconnected.
- school, which starts in just over a week.
- new faces... you get a lot of those at a college...
- by the way, some of the new students came early, thus the "new faces".

- Leaning over the side of a pier and seeing a big seal rush by, ten feet away (that was cool).
- not spending 17 bucks for a small pizza (effing Boston Pizza... so expensive).

- coffee from peru. which i haven't had in a week... again, disconnected.
- Blaga Dimitrova. And Anne Lamont.
- And, Madeleine L'Engle.
- Midlake
- The first five seconds out the door before work, getting to breathe in fresh air. mmm.

- Dirty dishes and piles of books on my desk and coffee table.
- Not my coffee table... it has a glass top, and gold painted steel legs... shudder. I do not like glass coffee tables.
- Alexander Keith's


- My broken hammock.
- Learning to write shorter, more concise, less pointless entries (not to mention, less emo).
- My artsy fair-trade paper journal which i carelessly use for personal stuff.
- Tomatoes and Pasta, with grated garlic and parmesan cheese.
- My mom's pizza... which i haven't eaten in over a year.
- The five seconds after a conversation on a moonlit dock at midnight... realizing how beautiful the person you are talking to is.

-Writing... which I need to do more often. As soon as I have something to write about... we'll see.

later

-Adam

PS- I did have something to write about- a latenight roadtrip to Whiterock, and a huge dock- but meh. it didn't come to me until just now. it happens.

2 comments:

* shaina * * said...

ah, the fertile soil of fall...packed with summer's sunlight and night rains...ready for september's adventures :)

savor these days, friend! (it's my first fall in 18 years that i'm not going "back-to-school"...a strange feeling that i won't fully feel until next fall or the one after that)

Di said...

Do write about the road trip to Whiterock!

I have to try the coffee from Peru... you made me curious.