Thursday, August 16, 2007

four walls and lonely evenings

cry, blaga dimitrova

When will you come to me?
When I have gone,
and my departing steps
echo distantly?
When will you be with me?
When you've been immured
within the four walls
of your lonely evening?

When will you discover me?
When I pass by
pressed close against another,
my eyes cast down?
When will you call my name?
Only when you see
you are losing me - a stranger,
remote, unknown?

Love me fully now,
When I love you!
While I am yours
crave me, long for me,
reach out your open hands
while I will run to you.
For tomorrow will be late
and beyond repair.

2 comments:

Di said...

So true...

Love her poems, I had not heard of her before you posted this poem. Thanks

Di said...

I really like this poem. I've got a few lines stuck in my head!