Monday, July 09, 2007

22

besides being completely emo on Sunday nights, I've been writing lots... or at least, trying to. my new laptop, that i picked up from my roommate, allows me to sit on my back deck, with a pot of green tea, listening to the wind in the trees. which is much better than sitting in my dark little room, feeling like *something derogatory*. ahhhh.

I read an article in Geez today, whilst sitting in a closed library on my break, and i read that "North Americans spend 90% of their time inside". and that struck me. i wonder if thats what drives my evenings of feeling sad- being alone at home for hours, not listening to Relient K (i'm never sad when i'm listening to Relient K).

hm. just a thought.

~

And lately, the weather has been so bi-polar
And consequently, so have I.

But now I'm sunny with a high of 75,
Since You took my heavy heart, and made it light.
And it's funny how you find you enjoy your life,
When you're happy to be alive

-Relient K

5 comments:

Di said...

what do you think about writing together a funny commentary about sonnet 130?

* shaina * * said...

YES i looooooove relient k! (i was just showing off my autographed life-sized he-man cutout to my jr. high cousins) yaaah. if you like that, you will DEFinitely like the Philmore that i recommended on the previous blog... :) it will inspire you to run around on the lawn and smile and laugh with the Lord! mmhmm!

Adam said...

i listened to philmore 4 summers ago... what was that one song they had?

Adam said...

oh, yeah... "our finest hour". i remember exactly where i was when i first heard that song -->

working in a woodshop, at cowichan river bible camp.

the cd belonged to none other than jordan wall, of "friday's cry" fame... or was it barret's? i can't remember that much.

* shaina * * said...

hahah yep that one's definitely on it! my personal fave is the one about the couch that's made of orange vinyl ("why don't you stay a while...")