Sunday, March 18, 2007

prone to leave the God I love

so, i'm sitting lying on my floor, beside a big tv and a bottle of keith's... not for any express reason, other than my computer is being a piece (shutting down everytime i move it) .

and, i like to think that the occasional brew helps the mind unwind, after a long day of deep thinking.

my deep thinking was, as usual, interrupted by a hockey game. grrr. i'm not so much a fan of sunday afternoon sports, as i also like to think that sunday is a good day for refreshing thoughts, in preparation for a long week...

but whatever. having my mind full of useless crap noise is good too. it makes lying beside my fireplace, trying to clear my head, a lot more justifiable.

~

i stumbled to school, hair messy, wearing a jacket that is two sizes two big for me. i remember purchasing this jacked for two reasons; a) the arms were long b) it was ten bucks. vanity vanity, all is vanity.

i was trying to find a ride to church. no such luck. i was half depressed, so i cooked for a couple hours (alfredo sauce and pea soup). then, typed some horribly deep thoughts into a paper about psalm 13, whereas i read between the lines way too much, and come off as a "hey look at me, i'm so witty and contemplative" type. so, pretty much, it's 6 pages of my online journal, in paper form.

well. what does a single, lonely guy do on sunday nights? sits at home and listens to mat kearney, and robbie seay band. i should write a book about this. i'll call it "i love being single".
~
with the last two weeks of this semester (well, its about 3 or 4 actually) i'm looking forward to 2 more years of this... sort of envisioning the wanderings to and from the arms of grace. and the relaxing through the deep sighs and frustrations in between. life is beautiful

1 comment:

* shaina * * said...

alright, in my apparent friday afternoon mission to pretend i'm "getting to know you" via your writings here...i have come to another conclusion.

you are chronically single.

this has inspired me (when i live there) to take single you, single jamison, and single karl, and be your skilled date-finder-girl. i can go undercover and junk. into the world of girls... and if that doesn't work...well we can all just sit around together complaining about being single and pathetic.