Friday, January 19, 2007

unsettled and empty thoughts

a couple things have struck me as odd today (it hurt).

1) coffee does not make me relaxed, and feeling deep and philisophical anymore. it makes me feel anxious, wired, and generally unsettled. grrr. this is a frustrating.

2) technology can be a drag, both when it works perfectly and when it sucks and breaks down. points in question- a- my phone has been dead for a month, b) my computer, and my roomates computer, both broke down with the same ridiculous power source problem.

with this point, i conclude that i'm either hooked to technology, using it way too much to the point of feeling empty, to not being able to use it at all. not being able to use it, of course, helps me see all the practical and neccesary tasks (such as phone calls, writing, homework) that the technological wonders exist for. which, of course, i would have never seen if they had not broken down.

3) eugene peterson writes ridiculously concisely

4) my habit of buying books does not bring me much joy anymore. it leaves me with an empty sort of feeling, seeing as the ratio to buying books is a lot higher than the ratio of reading said books.

5) i am writing this pointless entry to avoid starting a paper. that said. i will feel bad, and log off very quickly.

6) things just aren't the same, today.

No comments: