Friday, December 29, 2006

something like that

so my random adventures are taking me to port alberni for new years eve, and then victoria for a day, then home for coffee and writing.

my preparations for this adventure include the drinking of some green tea, and the watching of rocky 2. i watched rocky balboa with my brother last night- the last thing that we get to do as brothers for a long time- and oh man! so good!

so, the highlights of my christmas season, i might as well waste time talking about... the lowlights are irrelevant at this point;

1) pints with my brother and brother in law at Longwood, nanaimo's brewery
2) my brother doing kareoke', and impressing many a girl
3)walking through the mall trying to act real
4) spent way too much on clothes. after all, clothing makes a man (broke)
5) all my favorite DVDs for christmas (including "sisterhood of the travelling pants)
6) took a two hour walk to the ocean- where i lived block away from during the summer.
7) took a walk in the woods behind my summer place
8) a dark roast at a place called Haz Beans
9) saw my dad
10) leaned against a tree and cryed (this should be a lowlight)
11) contemplated article ideas
12) missed home. a lot.
12) wished it was snow (yes, there are two 12s)
13) stood on my mom's back deck, thinking about life, with a cup of wine
14) didn't read a single book, or write a single article
15) realized how dry my christmas season has been.
16) drank a pot of tea

oh, and 17) i straightened my hair today, so i could make people think i'm cool. it's supposed to go curly again as soon as i shower... so i should have straight hair for a week or so.

good times.

well, i'm off. friends, photographs, and stories to follow.

1 comment:

EJ said...

Sounds like fun! hope you're having a good time in Port!